Source: Naija Tech Guide
The ZTE Blade 20 falls in the lower mid-range category. It is a low-cost mid-range smartphone. it features a big battery, fast charge and lots more. In this article, we explore the ZTE Blade 20 specs and price, which will help you make your purchase decision.
ZTE Blade 20 Key Specs & Features
- 6.49-inch, IPS LCD Display, 720 x 15600 pixels (265 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 4GB RAM
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60
- 128GB Built-in Storage, up to 512GB Memory Card
- 16MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear-mounted)
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po battery
The Design and Display
The ZTE Blade 20’s build comprises of plastic and glass. There is plastic on the rear and frame. A major estate of the front panel is occupied by glass.
Similar to the Huawei Nova 6 SE, the Blade 20 is home to a camera setup that resembles that of the iPhone 11 Pro. Aside from the cameras, there is a capacitive fingerprint sensor and the ZTE logo on the rear.
Upfront on the ZTE Blade 20, there is a 6.49 inch IPS LCD display, with a drop notch housing a front-facing camera and earpiece. The display has a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels and a screen density of 265 ppi.
The ZTE Blade 20 offers dual options for color variants, something that may end up being a dilemma, for those that don’t like either of the colours. It comes in Turquoise and Magic red
Despite having a camera setup that looks like that of the iPhone 11 Pro max, the cameras here aren’t pro by any means.
The absence of a pro camera hardware doesn’t stop the ZTE Blade 20 from featuring the basics. The cameras here are the ones that have over the years grown to become essential.
The smartphone features a triple rear camera system comprises of a 16MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
This triple rear camera system is capable of shoot panorama photos and photos in HDR. Videos can be shot in 720p and 1080p with frame rates maxed at 30fps.
The selfie camera is an 8MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. Video recording on this camera is maxed at 1080p @30fps
Hardware and Software
The ZTE Blade 20 features an Octa-core Mediatek Helio P60 processor and a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.
The android phone also features a 4GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage with up to 512GB for storage expansion via microSD.
It houses a non-removable 5000mAh Li-PO battery. In order to ensure fast charging speeds, the ZTE Blade 20 has support for 18W fast charging.
On the software side, the ZTE Blade 20 runs its interface on top of the Android 9.0 (Pie) operating system.
The ZTE Blade 20 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type C (USB 2.0) port and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G LTE, as there isn’t 5G support here.
ZTE Blade 20 Price and Availability
The price of the ZTE Blade 20 is around $144, which is about 52,121 Naira. It is currently available for purchase.
ZTE Blade 20 Specs
Here are a few specs of the ZTE Blade 20:
- Platform: Android 9 (Pie)
- Processor: Octa-core 2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A73 & 2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 (Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Turquoise, Magic red
- Dimension: 162.9 x 76.6 x 9 mm
- Weight: 190 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.49 inch IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 pixels
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (wide) f/1.8 + 8MP (ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (depth sensor) f/2.4 Tri-Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, PDAF, HDR, panorama, 720p @30fps, 1080p @30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.0, 720p @30fps, 1080p @30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: up to 512GB microSD
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: –
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Li-Po Battery (Non-Removable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes